Mission Trips are a vital component of our ministry with High School students. Each summer we plan one or two mission trips to help our youth take their faith to the next level, put it into practice, and spread the Good News about Jesus Christ!
One of the highlights of the summer of many teens is the annual summer mission trip. It is an opportunity to grow in your faith, build relationships with others, and gain a deeper understanding of God and yourself.
MISSION TRIP 2020!!!
St. Stephen’s Youth Ministry is going to Springfield, Illinois as part of Catholic Heart Work Camp (CHWC) July 19 to 25. Only eight spots left!
Possible service projects include:
Painting houses in an area of Springfield where there is a concentration of low income house owners.
The trees in the park district need mulching to protect them from the summer heat.
CHWC works with a school that provides education to low income students. During the summer the entire facility–inside and outside – needs to be cleaned. In the past, this project has involved interior and/or exterior painting.
CHWC also works with a program that provides a meal and an individual tutoring mentor for students in the public school district who are currently homeless. CHWC will work to build a playing area outside near the building and some painting projects within the building.
To inquire about the summer 2020 trip, contact Maredith Toweh or call 763-712-7439.
Previous Mission Trips
- July 6-13, 2019 – Catholic Heart Work Camp – Billings, Montana
- July 22-28, 2018 – Catholic Heart Work Camp – Twin Cities, Minnesota
- July 31-August 4, 2017 – Red Lake Reservation in Northern Minnesota
- June 17-24, 2017 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- June 25-July 2, 2016 – Washington, D.C.
- July 31-August 5, 2016 – Red Lake Reservation in Northern Minnesota
- June 28-July 3, 2015 – Red Lake Reservation in Northern Minnesota
- June 21-29, 2014 – New Orleans, Louisiana
- July 5-13, 2014 – Ashland, Montana