The Sacrament of Confirmation
Confirmation is a sacrament of initiation, which completes baptism through sealing of the Holy Spirit and anoints the recipient as priest, prophet, and king. Our goal is to cultivate a relationship with Jesus Christ - inspiring to become an active witness to all we encounter during our lives.
St. Stephen's Confirmation Program
Classes will be in-person and held at St. Stephen's, 18 Wednesday nights, from 6 to 7:30pm. A few parent nights will be included too.
NOTE: We no longer offer distance learning (In-person learning is the most effective way of learning the Faith).
St. Stephen's changed it's Confirmation program in 2020 (moving the possibility of celebrating the Rite from 10th grade to 8th grade).
6th grade- Confirmation Prep Year (using Alpha Program)
7th grade- Confirmation Year 1 (Chosen Program)
8th grade- Confirmation Year 2 (with the possibility of the Rite of Confirmation).
9th -12th graders- Confirmation Plus (are placed in small groups more their age)
NOTE: Older youth in 8th- 12th grade who desires to be Confirmed but has not received Faith Formation in prior years or since First Communion, please contact Barry McCullough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Confirmation:
Attend Weekly Mass and Holy Days of Obligation (Complete Mass Reflections).
Attend Wednesday Confirmation sessions (In Person from 6-7:30pm).
Attend Special Topic Discussion Nights for both Parents and Students
Attend a retreat - 1 day for 6th & 7th graders, Weekend for 8th - 12th graders
Charitable Volunteering & Faith Building Activities
- Youth Group Participation
Complete Forms & Reflections (Sponsor Form, Intent Letter Data Form, Saint Reflection, etc.)
Sponsor topic discussions (meet in person, phone or virtually)
REGISTRATION - Coming Soon
Sponsor Duties & Eligibility
A sponsor is a companion on the journey of faith, fostering a relationship between the candidate, God and His Church. Duties include; prayer support, participation in the Rite, and cultivating faith filled discussions - in person, by phone or virtually.
- Be a registered member of a Catholic Parish
- Be faithful to the Teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
- Received Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation
- IF MARRIED - marriage was celebrated or blessed in the Roman Catholic Church
- IF HAVE CHILDREN - educating my children in the Roman Catholic Church
- Be a “Practicing Catholic” - The Precepts of the Catholic Church
- Attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation.
- Confess your sins at least once a year.
- Receive the Eucharist at least during the Easter season.
- Observe the days of fasting and abstinence.
- Help provide for the needs of the Church.
- NOT acting as if I'm married by living with someone
- CAN'T be the parent of the candidate
To Volunteer to be a Sponsor, email Barry McCullough or call 763-712-7437
Sponsor Eligibility Form
TO DO: Sponsor fills our form and turns into the sponsor's home parish.
Email Maredith Toweh
with questions about adult Confirmation preparation or call 763-712-7439.