Searching for Something Supportive and Enriching?
We share, learn, encourage and bond with spirited discussions on life challenges and what God calls us to be.
Building up a brotherhood, by fostering a deeper faith experience through weekly small group meetings, monthly talks, and large group events.
Where men learn and share how God works in their lives with opportunities to help others on the faith journey with hope, encouragement and prayer.
- PRAY – We open and close with prayer, with prayer petitions to hear the needs of the group and individuals.
- SHARE – Men share “Spiritual Celebrations,” where God has blessed us, or “Faith Struggles,” where others can offer support. (Sharing is optional.)
- LEARN – We cover varying topics from current events, the Bible, Church history and to teach we use DVDs, podcasts, and book studies. We also learn from each other’s knowledge and experiences.
- DISCUSS – Men are strengthened through personal testimonies and insights, which gives us hope to persevere – just listening is good too!
MEETING TIMES: The commitment is flexible, come when you can.
Sundays 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Mondays 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Thursdays 6:45-8:15 a.m.
MEETING PLACES: Check the monitors for location.
Once a month there is a presentation on a faith topic. These are presented in video form or given by a Priest or presenter, then there is a time for discussion.
MEETING PLACES: Generally in the FCC, but check the monitors for location.
LARGE GROUP EVENTS:
We also offer other ways to bring men together with movie nights, Chili Cook-Off, workshops, silent retreats, volunteering and other social activities.
Men are invited to come hear about a topic, have a discussion, and enjoy chips and beverages in an informal setting. Chip Chats are held periodically throughout the year. Stay tuned for an upcoming event!
CATHOLIC MAN NIGHTS
Join men of the parish for good food and conversation.
Get equipped in your spiritual journey as you build fraternity with other men of the parish. Invite a friend!
Catholic Man Nights will be held in the Faith Community Center and Chapel from 6:15-8:30 p.m. periodically throughout the year.
THE CATHOLIC WATCHMEN SEVEN DISCIPLINES
1. Pray with persistence and with devotion to Jesus, Mary and Joseph
2. Encounter Jesus in Sacred Scripture
3. Strive to be a spiritual father like St. Joseph
4. Engage fully in every Sunday Mass
5. Serve and be a witness to family and community
6. Go to Confession monthly
7. Build fraternity and evangelize men in monthly parish gatherings
Visit the Catholic Watchmen webpage of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis for more information about the Catholic Watchmen.
For Archdiocesan Catholic Watchmen updates, visit the Catholic Watchmen Facebook page.