Seeking Bilingual Assistant to the Faith for Life Staff
St. Stephen’s Catholic Community is hiring an additional person to join our faith formation staff, otherwise known as Faith for Life, as Assistant to Faith for Life in English and Spanish. This individual is responsible for assisting English and Hispanic formation staff with general administrative duties, helping provide support for volunteers and students and facilitating communication with families and volunteers of Faith for Life/Hispanic Ministry, as well as any other tasks assigned by the Director of Faith for Life and/or the pastor. Candidates must be excellence-driven, faithful individuals who are committed to continuing the mission of the Church. Strong technological, oral, and written communication skills, as well as customer service and administrative skills, with fluency in English and at least proficiency in Spanish, are required. Experience in collaborating as a team in administrative assistance and/or work in an ecclesial or parish setting is preferred.
This position is part-time, twelve months, approximately 20 hours per week but also requires flexibility for various nights and weekends throughout the school year.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Paper copying, using Microsoft Word and Excel, working with Google Forms, and using the parish records database.
- Helping facilitate annual registration for English and Spanish faith formation (Faith for Life).
- Facilitating Faith for Life communication to families and students via the FlockNote program, email, and telephone.
- Helping update and maintain the Faith for Life page on the parish website.
- Assisting the Faith for Life Administrative Assistant with sacramental record-keeping in handling sacramental requests and printing sacramental certificates.
- Collaborating with Spanish-speaking clergy and the Faith for Life Director to help facilitate Hispanic faith formation.
- Helping provide necessary materials and support needed for catechists and students.
- Be present at Faith for Life formation nights and other formation events to provide necessary materials and support needed for catechists and students.
- Any other duties and or responsibilities assigned by Faith For Life Director and or Pastor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and proficient in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish
- Strong customer service and administrative skills
- Ability to respond to ad hoc directives and be involved in multiple projects as needed
- Is able to respect sensitive information with confidentiality
- Experience in administrative assistance; work in an ecclesial/parish setting is preferred
- Ability to collaborate as a team with formation and parish/school staff plus English-speaking and Spanish-speaking parishioners of all ages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data entry and using Google Forms; willing to learn how to maintain the parish records database and other media sites
- Willing to be present with flexibility for various nights and weekends throughout the school year
- Complete the ‘Essential 3’ (Background check, code of conduct, and Virtus)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email Maredith Toweh, Faith for Life Director with a cover letter and resume attached.